At Velasco, we make it our mission to assist you when you need help
We strongly believe that anyone who suffers an injury should be able to seek compensation by filing an accident claim against a third party and that the standard of service they receive is of the highest quality. As such, we always encourage you to let us know if the service provided by us or one of our panel of solicitors, does not meet your expectations or our high standards.
It is always our hope that all people who get in touch with us are happy with the service we or our solicitors provide, but we fully understand that occasionally, this might not always be the case.
Should you be unhappy with some part of the process relating to your claim, we encourage you to let us know which would allow us the opportunity of resolving the problem as quickly as possible and to ensure the same issue does not happen to people who contact us in the future.
If you would like to file a complaint, you may do so in any of the following ways:
- In person
- By telephone
- By fax
- By email [email protected]
- In writing Velasco Limited, Registered Office 17 Big Padlock Self Storage, Ellis Ashton Street, Liverpool, England, L36 6BJ
The information available on this page is as follows:
- How to file a complaint about a solicitor
- How to file a complaint about the service provided by Velasco Limited
- The contact details for The Financial Ombudsman
How to File a Complaint About a Solicitor
If you feel that the service provided by a solicitor does not meet your expectations and you would like to file a complaint, we strongly advise the best course of action is to raise the issue directly with the solicitor in question.
Should the service provided by one of our panel of solicitors be less than you had hoped for, the firm should be willing to deal with your issues through their complaint’s procedure. To find out more about a firm of solicitor’s complaint procedure, please contact the firm in question to discuss the issues you have with them.
We will undertake to forward all the complaints we receive about any firms of solicitors who work with us, so they are fully aware of any issues/complaints raised.
Should you be unhappy with a solicitor’s response to a complaint you file against them, we advise you to contact the Legal Ombudsman which is an impartial, independent organisation.
The Legal Ombudsman provides a service that is free of charge and which provides help when it comes to resolving disputes relating to legal services. You would be able to relate your experience to them and receive advice on how best to proceed when it comes to resolving a complaint. Their address and contact details are listed below:
PO Box 6806
Should you reside in Scotland, the organisation to contact is the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission. Their address and contact details are listed below:
Scottish Legal Complaints Commission
The Stamp Office 10 – 14 Waterloo Place
Legal Post 86, Edinburgh 2
Tel: 0131 201 2130
Fax: 0131 201 2131
Email: [email protected]
Their lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, except Tuesday when lines are open from 9am to 10am and 11am to 5pm.
There is a strict time limit in place when it comes to filing a complaint with The Scottish Legal Complaints Commission which is set at 1 year of the conduct happening or the end of the service provided. With this said, should a person filing a complaint be unaware of any concerns, the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission would take this into account. However, should you file a complaint after the 1 year deadline has expired, your complaint may not be accepted unless you can prove “exceptional” circumstances.
How to file a complaint about the service provided by Velasco Limited
Should you feel that the service we (Velasco Limited) provided, we urge you to let us know. We work very hard to improve all the services we provide and as such any feedback we receive is appreciated.
Our business ethics, beliefs and promises are outlined in detail in our Customer Charter.
If you would like to file a formal complaint, you can do so in the following ways:
- In writing
- By telephone
- By email
- By fax
- By any other means
Your complaint will be passed on and handled by our Complaints Officer the day it is received and will be handled in the following way:
You will be sent an acknowledgment of receipt within 5 working days of us receiving your complaint. The acknowledgment will provide details of our (Velasco Limited) complaints procedure.
Our Complaints Office will contact you again within 4 weeks of receiving your complaint outlining the progress:
- Whether a final response has been reached which would explain the action we took to resolve/answer your complaint. Should you not be happy with our response, we would refer the complaint on to the Financial Ombudsman, the address being provided below
- Whether your complaint is “awaiting a response”, this would provide an explanation of why we are not yet able to resolve your complaint and would provide details of when we would be in contact with you again
Should you have not received a response to your complaint within 8 weeks of us receiving it, our Complaints Officer would send you either of the following:
- A definitive/final response, which would be the final response to the complaint. This would explain the actions we took to resolve or answer your complaint. Should you not be happy with our response, we would refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. Their contact details are provided below
- Awaiting a response which would offer an explanation as to why we cannot provide a definitive/final response to your complaint at that point in time. We would also offer an explanation as to why there is a delay and an estimation of when we would be able to provide a final response
Our commitment to you
We’re constantly looking to improve our customer service to ensure that we provide a seamless, fast and effective journey from beginning to end. We’ve already made some promises to you which you can read more about below, by clicking through to the relevant page.
Our beliefs, business ethics and our commitment to you, are outlined in our Customer Charter – to find out more please click here.
Ethical Marketing Charter
We do our very best to prevent unethical marketing practices as such we abide by our Ethical Marketing Charter. To find out more, please click here.
The details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are as follows:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Tel: 0800 376 0150
Next Generation Text Relay: 18002 020 7964 1000